Friday, November 03, 2006

Nanovwrimo

I think I may have added extra letters to this but any way I'm talking about National Novel Writers month. November 1-30 with a 50,000 word goal.

I signed up and started Nov 1. And wrote 8800 words. My book is up and running and I'm so happy and relieved. My goal is 13,000 words a week and I almost hit it in the first two days. Good thing because pesky stuff like having to pick out countertops, take care of kids and pets, call to check on who could drain our oil tank and remove it got in the way of writing today. But as soon as I finish this I'm going to write. Goal 500 words before I go to sleep.

If I don't write, I'm not happy. The more days I go without writing the less confidence I have in my ability to write. But my internal editor was working overtime and I'd started overthinking each and every word I wrote. So I did chores, and watched TV and read and avoided writing. Now, I've turned that sucker off and I'm just letting the story flow. Some days it flows better than others but even if I struggle one day as long as I write something then the next day the story flows better. And I'm happier. Which my family thinks is a good thing.

I'm lucky. My husband supports my writing and the kids do too. I'm sure they think oh well it's another of mom's enthusiams. Maybe. But this enthusiasm has produced two books in a year, the plots and outlines for the next 6 and I'm off and running with the third.

Writing keeps me sane. Now to work on my story.

2 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

You go, lady!!
We'll have to get together for a few of the write-ins in the area. Let me know which ones you're going to be attending, and I'll see if I can make it to them also.
You can e-mail me at deeanddeedish@sbcglobal.net
If, for some reason, that e-mail address doesn't show up, go to my book review blog. It's listed on there.
dee

7:20 PM  
Blogger Keziah Fenton said...

Ignore the internal editor and write. I hear ya about hte lack of confidence the less you write but you just have to take a deep breath, sit down and put the words on the page.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home