Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week One--Progress toward Deadline

I worked on the book 6 out of 7 days this week. Yesterday, I rewrote most of the chapter I'd written Thursday because I wasn't happy with it. If I add those words in I wrote 9,014 words this week but only 7653 toward my projected 95,000 words. Though this averages below my goal of 1500-2000 words, I'm pleased because I pushed myself.

This rewrite may make the book a bit shorter. We'll see. Using 95,000 words as my guide I have 22,290 words to go. Since life happens and writing 5 days a week is more realistic than 7, I really need to shoot for 2000 words a day.

I believe I'll go back and try to finish this chapter today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Progress is progress. Getting words on the paper is the point. Good job sticking with it and keeping it going!!!

5:21 PM  
Blogger McB said...

How far you get is not important. The important thing is that you keep going.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Keziah Fenton said...

Listen to McB. She is wise. Nope, she didn't bribe me to say that.
Keep moving forward. Instead of beating yourself up over what you didn't do, celebrate what you do accomplish and build on it.
Off to heed my own advice :D

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home