Sunday, November 26, 2006

Resting?

I haven't written any more of George's book this weekend though I've read two excellent books on craft. James Frey's How to Write a Damn Good Novel II and Michael Seidman's Fiction The Art and Craft of Writing and Getting Published. They will help when I begin my revisions and hopefully help me complete this book so that I avoid some of the mistakes I've been making. I'd recomment Fiction to every beginning writer. I'm going to buy both these books and Frey's How to Write a Damn Good Novel for my library because I'm going to be referring to them and using the exercises Seidman provided.

This weekend has been spent with family and researchiung things for the house. The family part because I wanted to and the research because we have to. I plan to resume writing tomorrow am if not this evening.

I'm watching several auctions on light fixtures on ebay because the electrician threw out the ones we'd told him and the contractor that we wanted to save. I'm planning to send them a bill for the replacements and to notify the insurance company so they will not reimburse them for those lights. That makes three lovely original lights they have thrown out against our wishes.
I also need to write a letter about the problems we are having with the contractor and send it to the regulatory agencies since the owner is ignoring our requests to talk to him about the problems.

It's a beautiful day, we've all finally relaxed and it's time to go back. Isn't that always the way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

I have only written about 250 words in the last two days. I went looking for something I wanted to use now that I knew I had written earlier in the book. I went back to page 35 from 91 and read on. I found it...on page 84. I am really stuck right now. I am beginning to think I could have stopped the book at the big scene I did ten pages ago but I wanted to make it about something else so that I could finish with a flourish. So that is where I am at.

I think you should really go after those contractors as you said. Get Bonnie (bcb) to help you. Really. If she is good at writing snarky letters let her help.

If you check your site on NaNo there will be a thing that says You Won and then they have stuff you can put on your blog or web site that is official notification that you won. Go for it. I did. WTH might as well.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home