Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Playing on the Internet

I'm here at the cottage, just me and the dogs and cats. Perfect time to write with very few distractions. Except here I have the internet. And it's a chance to catch up with friends and their blogs, with HeWroteSheWrote, with my romance writers chapter loop. So when I got her last night, I didn't write. And so far this morning I've been playing.

Setting my goal. I have to write for 2.5 hours before I check the Internet again. I'm going to get at least 5 hours of writing in before my family descends on me. I wish I could say that I'd make my 50,000 words today but I'm struggling a bit with the story. I need to go back and revise and edit but not until after Nov. 30. And I probably should wait until I finish the book, walk away and work on something else then come back to it. But first I have to finish it.

So off the Internet for several hours. I need to get dressed and walk the dogs first. I hope none of us get blown away.

Now I'm tempted to write down the funny things that happened yesterday when I picked up all four dogs by myself and drove them here. But that would be playing and I am going to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keziah Fenton said...

Robin - I'm envisioning you hunched over the keyboard while the wind moans out George's despair. No Internet, no family, just the pets guarding you, keeping you safe so that you can translate the wind. Happy writing!

7:40 AM  
Blogger McB said...

Stormy afternoon, alone in the cabin with just the pets ... I think George ordered it up special to inspire you.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home