Saturday, December 30, 2006

Never post when short of sleep

Yesterday's post was supposed to be a reflection of the past year. Instead I ended up rehashing 2005. Luckily, I split it into two posts and actually reread the second and decided not to post it. Or not without edits.

In case anyone who drops by this blog and reels in horror, I post to clarify thoughts in my mind or try to put what is going on in my life/writing in perspective. And I meander. Not aimlessly but I cover twenty miles to get to my destination that turns out to have been around the corner. But until I follow the twisty path through my mind, I don't realize what that destination was.

Sort of like writing. Or the way I write. I know where I'm starting and where I want to end up. And I know my traveling companions, or think I do. On the journey we become better acquainted, change and hopefully grow. And the amazing thing I've learned is that the trip is what is important not the destination. The journey is fun, demanding, agonizing, enthralling and once it's done I'm eager to map out the next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

The trip and what you learn. Like you said the time you spend with friends during the trip too.

How are you friend? I haven't blogged for days. I haven't done much of anything. Too tired. I think Christmas caught up with me. All that eating.

Have to start thinking about moving. I also have to start making changes to my WIP. Like you say "never post when short of sleep". Yeah, that's my excuse. /;D

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home